AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 Part # 900492
Series graphics ―No Compromise
GamersThe AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 graphics processor harnesses the visionary GCN Architecture. As the world’s first 28nm GPU, this chip is primed to enable astonishing performance and breathtaking image quality, making it the only solution for gamers who expect the best. Performance rules for the NO-COMPROMISE GAMER, who desires technology that enables an incredible gaming experience on the latest and most demanding titles. The NO-COMPROMISE GAMER has a specific purpose in mind for his PC use: advanced 3D gaming, which requires high-end discrete (premium) graphics for the fastest performance and highest visual quality in the latest and most demanding games. NO-COMPROMISE GAMERS have an exceptional understanding of technology and will also use their PCs for other activities, primarily encode/decode/transcode of HD video content
Designed to deliver the very best in HD gaming and computing, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 Graphics:
- Establishes a ―king of the hill‖ reputation as the definitive solution for the most demanding gamers.
- Embodies the most advanced and capable architecture in the market.
- Provides maximum frame rates and ―reference‖ image quality through unsurpassed support for the latest standards.
- Enables unbeatable video quality through GPU offloading and a wide array of post-processing techniques
Unlike the competition, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 Graphics:
- Brings a ―premiere‖ reputation with a revolutionary 28nm architecture for a massive leap beyond today’s graphics performance.
- Brings new and refined features that raise the bar in immersion: new modes for AMD Eyefinity technology including stereo 3D, new anti-aliasing options, improved texture filtering, as well as dynamic power management tech for improved efficiency and performance.
- Supports industry-standard graphics APIs like OpenGL 4.2, third-gen support for DirectX® 11, and new support for DirectX® 11
- Assumes rendering responsibility for HD encode (VCE)/decode (MPEG-4 ASP, H.264, MVC, MPEG2, etc.) and conclusively enables superior video playback quality with advanced hardware post-processing algorithm
AMD Eyefinity “2.0”
AMD Eyefinity is here to deliver the unfair advantage you deserve. With new modes and features, like 5x1 landscape, stereo 3D and universal bezel compensation, the world’s best multi-display gaming technology just got better.
Get amazing EyeDefinition graphics with DirectX® 11 technology
Play the most demanding DirectX® 11-capable games in true ―Eye-Definition‖ with the AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series graphics. A new and advanced DirectX® 11-capable architecture with scalable geometry processing enables flawless graphics and unbelievable frame rates for the ultimate HD gaming experience.
AMD App Acceleration
Go beyond gaming with AMD App Acceleration. Experience certifiably spectacular video with the latest codecs and blistering performance in everyday applications.2
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
What’s in the Box:
1 AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or DisplayPort™ compliant active adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon™ graphics card with Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 operating systems – the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase.
2 AMD HD3D is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos.
3 AMD EyeSpeed technology is a set of technologies available on AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 series and higher GPUs and is designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology and/or AMD’s Universal Video Decoder (UVD). AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology works with applications designed to take advantage of its GPU acceleration capabilities.
4 Requires application support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology. AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology works with applications designed to take advantage of its GPU acceleration capabilities.
5 AMDCrossFireX™ technology requires an AMD CrossFireX Ready motherboard, an AMD CrossFireX™ Bridge Interconnect (for each additional graphics card) and may require a specialized power supply.