DriveXpander 2.5” Hot Swappable Adapter
Hot-Swappable 2.5” drive expansion slot adapter for PC desktops and 2006-2012 Mac Pros.
- Tool-free/Screw-less Drive Use
- Hot-Swap Any 2.5” SATA I/II/III Drive
- SATA 6G Speed
- Solid Fit with Any PC Expansion Slot
- Use Status LED
- Perforated Backplate and Open Design
- Lockable Drive Access/Eject Lever
⚠WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including arsenic which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Whether you’re looking to increase your drive storage capacity, access swapped-out and/or archived drives, or utilize drives like memory cards, the DriveXpander opens up a new world of storage convenience for PC desktop and legacy Mac Pros. After an easy two minute install in any open full sized expansion slot on the back of your machine, you can swap 2.5” SATA hard drives and solid state drives as you desire.
Experience The Power of Storage Convenience
- Adds additional storage capacity when internal bays are filled.
- Offers quick and easy bare drive status verification.
- Access individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time.
- Adds storage capacity to small form factor chassis that don’t offer accessible bays.
- Add removable storage to the rear of a system, where it is less noticeable or accessible to unauthorized users. A great option for HTPCs!
Three Easy Steps to Use A Drive In DriveXpander
- Open drive access lever.
- Gently insert drive until you meet resistance (about ¾ of drive inserted).
- Close drive access lever to fully insert and connect drive.
That’s all you have to do to start reading and/or writing to the drive!
- Tool-free/Screw-less Drive Use: No need for external housing or power adapter. Insert and eject hard drives and solid state drives as easily as a flash memory card.
- Hot-Swap Any 2.5” SATA I/II/III Drive: Access HDDs and SSDs from 7mm to 9.5mm height at will.
- Patented NSS Drive Connector: Non-Scratch SATA connector makes direct connection with drive connector leads to assure over 50,000 problem-free drive insertions.
- SATA 6G Speed: With up to 600MB/s data transfers, you work faster and more efficiently.
- Solid Fit with Any Expansion Slot: Unlike other hot-swap drive adapter designs, the DriveXpander Installs snugly on either PCI or PCIe (with included custom adapter) slots for droop and wiggle-free security.
- Use Status LED: Blue light indicates power, orange indicates drive activity.
- Perforated Backplate and Open Design: Offers effective drive cooling.
- Lockable Drive Access/Eject Lever: Provide security from unauthorized data access.
Operating System Requirements
PC: Windows® XP/Vista/Windows 7/8/10 or above
Mac: Mac OS X®
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA III 6.0Gb/s data and power connector
- Compatible Drives: Any SATA I/II/III HDD or SSD 7mm to 9.5mm
- Performance: up to 600MB/s
- Hot Swap Compatibility: Yes
- Compatible Slots: Any full size PCI or PCIe*
- Dimensions: 0.8” H x 4.7” W x 5.7” L
- Weight: 5.22 oz
- Certifications: CE/FCC/RoHS
- Warranty: One year
*Provided board level components do not block insertion of PCIe support adapter into PCI slot. Support adapter not required to use with PCIe slot, but does provide additional adapter stability.
What's In The Box
- SATA to Molex Power Cables
- SATA Data Cable
- Drive Access/Eject Lever Lock Key
- Expansion Slot Bay Mounting Screw
- PCIe Slot Plastic Adapter
- Hard Drive Insulating Pad
- User Manual