240GB mSATA SATA III Internal SSD
The VisionTek 240GB mSATA SSD is great for notebook and ultrabook computers, tablets, and desktop machine motherboards with an onboard mSATA port.
- Sustained Peak Data Rates: Up to 540MB/s (read) / 425MB/s (write)
- 4KB Random Write: Up to 60K IOPS
- Capacity: 240GB (256GB total flash memory with 16GB dedicated to real-time redundancy and error correction)*
- TRIM Support: OS Dependent
- Warranty: Two years with U.S. based Tek Support
Boot, save, launch, and multi-task faster!
Small, Superfast, & Versatile
Whether you desire a lightning-fast boot drive, a second Solid State Drive-based storage drive, or a SSD cache drive to speed up your primary hard drive, the VisionTek 240GB mSATA SSD is built to deliver reliable, high performance. This ultra-portable, low-power storage solution is one eighth the size of a traditonal 2.5" hard disk drive (HDD), yet because it's engineered with industry-leading DuraClass technologies, the VisionTek mSATA SSD can deliver data rates up to 540MB/s, up to 100x greater data reliability than a costly Enterprise class HDD, and access times up to 50x faster than a conventional HDD. It’s SATA 6G ready, but backward compatible with SATA 3G and 1.5G machines too, making the VisionTek mSATA SSD a versatile storage performance booster for a wide variety of devices.
Speed & Capacity for Desktops
Ideal for ultrabook PCs, the VisionTek mSATA SSD can also be mounted directly to a mSATA interface equipped desktop PC motherboard. Now, instead of using up a drive bay for a 2.5" SSD and having to buy an expensive adapter, you can easily add the VisionTek mSATA SSD as a performance-boosting cache drive to complement an large storage capacity HDD.
VisionTek mSATA SSD Benefits
- No moving parts.
- Silent, cool, energy efficient operation.
- Excellent shock, vibration, and temperature resistance.
- Access time up to 50x faster than HDD.
- Designed to deliver SATA 6G speeds, yet backward compatible to SATA 3G and 1.5G.
- Ultrathin form factor doesn't add bulk.
DuraClass™ Technologies offer world-class SSD reliability, performance, and power efficiency:
- DuraWrite™: extends the drive endurance by 20x or more compared to standard SSD controllers.
- Advanced Wear Leveling & Monitoring distributes data evenly across the entire drive.
- Advanced Read/Disturb Management safeguards against data corruption by spreading read/write cycles across the flash components.
- Intelligent garbage collection "recycling" maintains optimal write speeds by clearing blocks of unneeded data during off-peak usage times.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive from flash block failures without typical RAID inefficiencies.
- Superior error correction (ECC) protection for longest data retention and drive life.
Controller: LSI® SandForce® 2281 Series with 7% Over Provisioning
Capacity: 240GB (256GB total flash memory with 16GB dedicated to real-time redundancy and error correction)*
NAND Flash Memory Type: Tier 1 asynchronous MLC
Form Factor: mSATA
Interface: SATA 3.0 compliant to support SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s applications
Features: Native Command Queuing (NCQ), DuraClass technology, DuraWrite technology, RAISE technology, Advanced Read Disturb Management, thermal threshold management, Intelligent Block Management and Wear Leveling, Intelligent Data Retention optimization, 55-bit BCH ECC
Native Command Queuing (NCQ): Up to 32 commands
ECC Recovery: Up to 55 bits correctable per 512-byte sector (BCH)
Security: Chip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliant
Nonrecoverable Read Errors: Less than 1 sector per 1016 bits read
Trim Support: OS Dependent
Interfaces: 1 x Serial ATA-600 - 52 pin mini-SATA
Certifications: RoHS, WEEE
Warranty: Two Years
*Capacity stated is unformatted. The total formatted capacity for the drive will vary depending on the operating system and file system used.
Sustained Peak Data Rates: Up to 540MB/s (read) / 425MB/s (write)
4KB Random Write: Up to 60K IOPS
Operating System Requirements
- Apple Mac OS X
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10